Friday, November 20, 2009

Juen Hwu Dumpling 君滬鍋貼, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong

The street stall tour couldn't catch my motive in trying it, as it's too crowded and a bit awkward for me due to my heavy bag. So then I switched to this shop. The cold weather just drove me to get a hot steamy sticky rice roll. I noticed this shop has its flagship shop in Western district.

1. Soy bean drink HK$6 - at average. 2. the beef bun - HK$4, the beef filling is pretty nice and the shop used some nice flour. The pan fried dumplings- HK$2@ are also quite nice.

3. Sticky rice roll - HK$9. The rice is a bit too soft but it's good for my stomach. The Chinese doughnut is not crispy enough but I still took it all. Very cold to eat more. 4. Deep fried pork chop (w/ veggie rice) HK$23 - this is a very nice fried pork chop. The shop does use some very nice ingredients. The frying oil is quite refine and the egg batter on this pork chop is quite crispy and egg aromatic. Must try!

5. Choy sum HK$6.5 - at average. 6. Veggie rice - the rice is selected one - good! The veggie was pan fried nicely to release the veggie aroma into the rice. Yet, the oil in it is also very balanced. This one should be with some oil, but can't be much.

7. mini-bowl fins - HK$10, see how the $10 gets something good - mushroom, black fungus and shred pork! This should be the way of running an eatery business. It shouldn't be much but at least something to show "some work" has been done to the customers. 8. Pan fried scallion pancake HK$4 (cut in 3 pieces) - this one is also nice. Not that oily though. I really like this shop as the oil is really good. Good oil is very important in cooking!

9. fish siu mai HK$6 - at average. 10. pan frying the buns.

11. Tofu sweet - HK$6.5, the portion is very big - good for 2 persons. 12. the shop - the only second I could take photo without any customer around.
13/14. the shop outside and entrance.

4 comments:

Stella said...

All of the food here are my regular foods at Shanghai Restaurant(average once a month). The price at this restaurant is very good.
I like sticky rice and veggie rice a lot. But in fact, my stomach cannot take too much sticky rice. Once a month is ok.

in the sea said...

Mmmh.. it's the stress upsetting your stomach....

Stella said...

Your comment sounds familiar SEA. :)

in the sea said...

Yes, certainly, as it is the same thing happening on me... :)