Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hoi Yat Heen 海逸軒, Harbour Plaza North Point, Hong Kong

Hoi Yat Heen, the Chinese restaurant of Harbour Plaza North Point and almost most other Chinese restaurants in Harbour Plaza Hotel (e.g. Hung Hom) are the very few restaurants which have been able to constantly provide high quality Cantonese cuisine. Almost none of the meal I have tried, since their establishments, has turned out a disappointment to me, not even this time I tried with my business associate 2 days ago.

1. Abalone and veggie dumpling (HK$48 for 3). Some may say it may be quite expensive but it's much worth it for me as the abalone (though quite tiny) did give a very nice aroma in the dumpling (who said abalone doesn't taste needs to have an exam. on his taste buds, or he may have taken some cheap or fake abalone.). The dumpling wrap is excellent! My business associate also spoke highly of this dumpling. 2. Soup dumpling (HK$45 for 3). This one is also nice but the wrap is a bit thick and it doesn't matter much to me.

3. Shrimp dumpling (HK$45 for 3) - also very nice. Their XO sauce is so good to be with this one. 4. Stir fried bean sprouts HK$88. Very good stir frying and the chicken stock for the stir frying is awesome and making the veggie so fragrant.

5. Siu Mai (pork/shrimp dumpling) HK$45 - another delight. I like the very tiny bit of fat inside of the dumpling making it so aromatic. 6. fried rice in lotus leaf - HK$108. Again, the price looks a bit expensive but the portion of this rice is almost double the size of the others. I took 4 bowls of the rice! So good - not salty at all and I can taste nice fragrance of the lotus leaf.

7. Minced pork, eggplant stewed with rice noodle HK$98. The portion of the stir fried noodle/rice is very big and next time no need to order 2 dishes (for 6 people). I took 3 bowls of this one and still almost half of it left, while the others took 2 bowls. So it turned out it's around HK$130 to 140 for each person for this meal. If we cut out one stir fried dish, it would be around HK$120. However, the food quality is much much worth over HK$300! Highly recommended!

2 comments:

Thailand Club said...

this hv to thank superman Sing gor that ordered his boys to keep the CK hotels in shape

and thanks SEA too as u r so brave to take picture during a business lunch :)

in the sea said...

Hehe... those business friends are very good friends of mine and they know I have the habit of taking photos on food. As you can see, I just took the photos of the food in my bowl instead of the food being served on the table, as kind of a manner to the others. I would sometimes make excuses of telling my business friends that I need to test my newly bought camera (2 years old already.. :) Just like last time in Grand Hyatt, I told a caucasian about which model he should need to buy when he considered getting one camera in HK. :)