Saturday, November 07, 2009

Alternate shrimp toast by Nha Trang 芽莊, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Not sure how many times I have talked about this restaurant but this restaurant has been on my regular visit like once every 1 or 2 weeks. I just can't run away from their beef noodle soup. A few days ago, I saw something new on the menu and it claimed "greaseless shrimp toast" at HK$48. Out of curiosity, I got one and as you can tell from the below photo, this should be what we call a toast. This one is not a fusion cuisine and should be the original one instead. The commonly known shrimp toast should have been called deep fried shrimp paste on bread. Toasting shouldn't be treated as deep frying. Nha Trang, you are my inspiration! I noticed they even didn't put on any garlic spread or butter on it and this is a very risky part if the shrimp paste is not that fresh, but Nha Trang made it. Bravo! BTW, it may be a bit dry for those who prefer butter on bread.

No comments: