Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Cova Ristorante, Harbour City, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

The last time I was here might be quite some years ago. Their tea buffet is pretty nice and not very expensive but served with some delicate food snack besides chocolate. Now almost every Cova Ristorante in HK has a dinner special at HK$218+ for an antipasto buffet plus a hot dish chosen from the menu and a dessert (or drink).

1. The first thing on the drink menu captured my eyes is this one "pear squash". Usually it's only either orange or lemon squash. Why not for this seasonal fruit and I am very surprised they used the Tein Jin pear 天津鴨咀梨 as in my mind they should use the Australia pear. However, it turned out very nice. Tein Jin pear is my most favourite pear and now it's the season. 2. See this stack of bread..... Nothing left!

3. the menu. 4. the antipasto is really really good from potato slices to parma ham. BTW, their smoked salmon is very selected! Fragrantly smoked and the saltness is right done. The parma ham is very melty - very thin and nice slices.

5. More cold food - see more parma ham and smoked salmon! The veggie is also nice. The virgin tomatoes are imported! The beef loaf is good too (bottom one). 6. Linguine with cod in basil tomato sauce. Lovely and not too oily. Actually cuisine from Milan is not that greasy as far as I notice.

7. Ragitoni with minced veal truffle sauce - my goodness! I even cleaned every drop of the sauce - saving the work of the cleaning maid. Highly recommended! 8. Mango pudding. Of course, I tried the chocolate first, but it didn't overwhelm the nice mango pudding.

9. Iced coffee - pretty good too. 10. Again, I took this photo in between the people taking this table.

11. view to the mall inside. 12. the shop entrance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way they put the spaghetti on the dish. quite home cooking style. no other small things to make beautiful.

Stella said...

$25 US for this buffet is a good deal.
Lots of good food as well as the dessert, plus good bread basket.

in the sea said...

To Anonymous 2:30pm, I didn't even realise that part as I took the pasta right after I took the photos. I agree to what you mean. No need to make it too artificial - that's actually the original Italian style of serving food and it did remind me of the raw salad I had in Rome.

SS, this is something I often told the others to try Cova. Don't get misled by their extravagant look and especially when they are put together with those shops like Prada. They are not that expensive. I often bought an iced mocha from Cova.

Stella said...

Yes this Cova Buffet looks more expensive than the real cost.
By the way, my friend asked me to ask you how many meals you eat per day as she is curious.

Anonymous said...

筆者應該是好的一餐巳足夠一整天. 不好的, 只要多走幾趟吧?

in the sea said...

Anoymous 4:24pm, your description on me is a bit literal... :) I just ate whenever and wherever possible. If sometimes it's not that worthy. I usually have 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner plus some snacks at night time....

Anonymous said...

A very nice Italian dinner. I think I should buy a airplane ticket with a stop at Hong Kong when I go to Bangkok. Roger@Taipei