Sunday, November 29, 2009

cakes by Leonidas HK

Leonidas and Godiva are the 2 most of my favourite brands for chocolate. I found their shop at the Sogo basement has some cakes for sale. Wow, immediately I bought 3 and also 2 choco bars and hurried home for an immediate tasting. The cakes are not that expensive, at around HK$26-28. I shall definitely go back and try more - gorgeous cakes!

1. Choco mousse cake - the best chocolate is that it can melt in your mouth without any greasy paste texture. So this is the one. The most of all, it's not too sweet at all and that's how we can taste the immaculate aroma of their finely made chocolate. 2. Blueberry cheese cake - the chesse in it is at a very good balance in not having the cheese too rich but yet it delivered a very nice cheese mixture. BTW, the blueberry is selected. So good to go with the cheese and taking out the greasy feeling.

3. I think besides the cheese cake of the coffee shop in the old time Mandarin Oriental HK, this can be a good alternate for me to keep on my target. 4. Dark chocolate has been my irrecoverably helpless addict. My choice of range is at the range of 70% to 85%. The left one "NIBS" is a very nice one as it has some crunchy bits making it a contrast to the silky smooth aromatic chocolate. The left one has a very strong aroma.

8 comments:

Stella said...

Oh my God. You have Leonida Shop with the cakes that LA does not have.
The cakes look so good and the price is reasonable too.
HK people are really lucky. They can taste all the good food over the world.

in the sea said...

Yes, that's why I got so attracted with their shop offering for cakes. The other one I know that they serve cakes is in Cannes. Will try to check it 2 months later.

Thailand Club said...

u shouldn't post the Leonidas cakes in the post, as i am very very jealous

Anonymous said...

$26-28 is very cheap if it's a very good cake. many shops sell more than $30-40 and one famous shop in kowloon city sell over $70 but that shop is not international.

Stella said...

You are right Anonymous, the cake in Leonidas is very cheap for its good quality, good taste and good presentation. HK people are really lucky and make me envy.
By the way, Ah So introduced one famous bakery in Causeway Bay tonight but she did not mention the name. Ah So said their smiling face cake is famous.

in the sea said...

Sorry TC, but I need to tell you I will go to the Leonidas restaurant for a review too.. hehe.. :) Yes, the cake shop sales lady told me about their newly opened restaurant but don't know why it's in Tsing Yi.

SS Ah So program isn't on air now; so I don't know which one she referred to. Is that the one she told it has the "Mexican" bread?

Stella said...

Ah So did not mention Mexican Bread in this cake shop.
She just said this one in Causeway Bay is very famous so she brought her whole TVB crew there to eat cakes.
And the lady owner there can write with both hands together at the same time.
One kind of the cake has a smiling face.
Ah So ate the cakes like a kid and licking her lips.

in the sea said...

Mmmh.. then no idea.